Monday 6 September 2010

Ripped off again!

The O2 website says "Never pay more than £1 per day for data use in the UK (100MB limit)". They confirmed this to me over the phone. First months bill was £105 plus VAT for a total of 72MB for the whole month. One day I used 17MB (still well below the 100MB limit) but was charged £44.

I asked O2 to check my bill, they offered me a refund of £1.26 but confirmed my bill was correct. The reason for not honouring their £1 for 100MB deal?

1, Downloading is not covered by the £1 for 100MB deal, only surfing the internet is. THIS IS A LIE.

2, I used my phone to download data in Scotland, where data is more expensive. "Never pay more than £1 per day for data use in the UK (100MB limit)" Scotland is part of the UK. THIS TOO WAS A LIE

6 months wasting my time with the ADR scheme, then small claims court action.

Its a shame, I thought O2 were the most honest of the providers.

No comments: