Friday 5 September 2008

ADR scheme

Vodafone employ Otelo to run their ADR scheme (advance dispute resolution). This is an Ofcom requirement for dealing with complaints. After 2 years of writing letters, meetings, queing in the post office I get offered a £30 refund from vodafone. Thats £1.67 per month.

When I signed the contract I was allowed to send 166 MMS per month without charge, but by the end of the first month this had changed to only 9. To still send 166MMS would cost me an extra £56.52 per month, on top of my £35 per month contract.

Otelo say Vodafone havent broken the contract, this complies with the 10% increase they were allowed to make. To come to this conclusion they have looked at my MMS usage when I was previously a vodafone customer but this missed out two vital points.

1. I left vodafone and rejoined, therefore this was a new contract that VF sold me, knowing that the plan was ending in 11 days. As a new contract my past usage is not relavent.

2, I didnt have a camera phone. To compare MMS sent when I didnt have a camera phone to when I had a brand new sparkly phone with a 3.2megpixel camera and the ability to send 166 picture per month free of charge is hardly fair.

Final point they made was that I didnt send many MMS during the 18 months I was stuck in a contract with vodafone. At 36p per picture of course I didnt, I downloaded them to my PC and emailed them.

The whole industry is corrupt, Ofcom - the whole ADR scheme was your idea, do you still think its impartial?

No comments: