Monday 1 September 2008

Lie and Sky

Sky TV, works great but another untrustworthy company.

I brought a new house, so I cancelled sky by phone. They had a great deal where they would keep my account open so I could come back if it didnt work out with Virgin Media. Knowing how bad VM are I thought this was a great idea. "what will it cost?" I asked, "nothing" the nice woman on the phone said. "what happens if I dont come back? what if I dont let you know I`m not coming back?", "nothing happens and you wont pay a penny" she said.

So they told me this then put me on a reduced package costing me £15 per month, not quite the same the cancellation I wanted. The nice woman made a £9 bonus from sky for convincing me not to leave, the fact she lied through her teeth is not sky`s problem as they wont let me record the phone call.

So sky sent me nasty letters saying I owed them money, I refused and threatened legal action and they relented and gave me a credit note - no refund but as VM were worse I knew I would have to go back to sky. Then sky continued to take money off the credit note until it ran out, then the threats started again. With nothing in writing and a useless regulator I bottled it, signed up with sky providing they cancelled "my debt".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should complain to the local SKY Installation manager. If you leave a trail of doughnuts up to your front door he will probably show up.